The Big Chance

Hi! My name is Avery and I’ve always wanted to be like Chelsea Davison. I have posters all over my wall. She won lots of national championships too in horse riding. It would be my dream to be a part of the elite show jumping team.
I have been doing show jumping since I was six years old and I’m fourteen now. I live in Nebraska with my Mom, Dad and my showstopper pony Monty that has been in over 20 comps. He has nice orange red colored fur and he is an old boy now.
I have a new goofy horse named Hero. He’s a crazy horse as he runs around the paddock like a maniac, but I love him. I would love to be a part of this team in Florida.
Thanks
Avery,

Dad I do khow what to tell Isabelle about moving to Florida, Avery cried. Darling you know that your heart, says the right thing you will figure it out, ring (Phone) you better get that, yes I breathed slowly. “Hello Isabelle”, “Hi Avery what’s going on girl you haven’t been answering my texts?” “I’ve been busy lately”, so you don’t have time for your BFF anymore”, said Isabelle. “No that’s not what I said Isabelle, I need to tell you something please don’t get mad, “Spit it out”, said Isabelle. “Okay I am leaving Nebraska to move to Florida because I got in to the show jumping elite academy”, “I knew you loved jumping locally but I didn’t know you wanted to make a whole career out of it Avery”. “You know it’s been my dream since I was six years old to be like Chelsea Davison, but your my best friend we have done everything together”, “I know Avery cried and you just threw it at me out of nowhere”, “I turned down the offer anyway because this my home and it always will be”.

“Good night, have you told Isabelle yet?” “Yes mom, I’ve decided to refuse the offer, this is just my home and I think it’s too much pressure moving to a completely different state”. “Darling, this is a once in a lifetime chance so I think you should go for it!” “I know but I think it will be really hard to take hero on a really long trip to Florida, this is only his 2nd competition.”
“Avery stop making excuses.” “Well okay, just so you know I blame you if she gets mad okay”. Later on, at the Airport – “Bye, Bye Darling, make sure to call us every day” said mom and dad. “Ok Mom stop stressing!” “I will be fine”. “Hello, my name is Mrs. Miles, I am the instructor of the elite show jumping academy and I have a really special surprise for you - you get to preform for your favorite celebrity Chelsea Davison. “Wow! I knew this was the chance of a lifetime”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!