Dark Rising

In the outer reigns of our Earth, Dark matter is being created quicker than our intelligence grows. Dark matter is nowhere near our spectacular planet, if so that would give us humans unlimited power and energy. Astronomers dream of getting their hands on the substance one day. Dark matter originally came from a black hole. Scientists believe it was compressed with shards of light and water, which combined turned into a glue-y substance. But when the black hole exploded and started it's new phase, dwarf energy bleached onto the sticky moosh...and created dark matter. The dark matter split into small shards and drifted off in every direction. A family of dark matter barely made it to a galaxy, known as The Milky Way. It shot through stars, and asteroids, until a speck of it remained. Haley's Comet was in the middle of it's four-year orbit around Earth, but accidentally blasted through the path the matter took and split into oblivion. The tiniest of dark matter quickly dissipated and it seems our adventure has ended already...But it didn't.


After the matters defeat, it unleashed it's liquids and splashes it all over Haley. Haley's Comet was no longer a traveling rock. It became radioactive junk. Everyone was watching from Earth, confused seeing the comet glow green. Haley's Comet couldn't carry her waste any longer, so she split into chunks. She became a dark, radioactive meteor shower. Startled, the crowd hid and scattered around the viewing point to shelter, just as the rocks tumbled through the atmosphere. Haley, was gone. When pieces of the comet sunk into the ground, the liquid slithered out to a clear field. Everyone peered from shelter, and saw a spasm of liquids jumping around. Finally, it stopped, and the goop formed… a dark man. His shadow darker than space, a cape of despair, and a face of rot. Unlike superheroes, everywhere he walked on the grass, it died and became a black void. He walked over to where the viewers were hiding, and unleashed through his hands, a black hole. He threw the orb of death at them, everyone, including the building was sucked in. Then, the black hole sucked itself in, leaving nothing but torn grass.


The days were dark, chaos spread faster and faster. And soon, after the dark zombie turned all joy to despair, the land had perished. Astronauts watched their green planet become a void. Governments fell, the Earth rot, and people witnessed the return of the Dark Death Plague. People turned into creepy, rotten skeletons and some turned into ghosts, until only one billion people were left. Australia and Europe became ghost continents, and souls were burning into ash, quicker than traveling light. But not as fast as the green and blue star, which was...returning to Earth? As soon as the bulb of colour hit the tiniest bit of atmosphere, it shot down to Earth, right behind the almighty dead God. It was the humans...



To be Predicted...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!