Rain

Excellence Award in the 'The Inside Story 2020' competition

Many years ago, there was girl that used to live in an old cottage in the forest all by herself. For food she goes into the forest and looks for Berries and Mushrooms. One stormy night, she ran quickly outside to pick some Mushrooms for dinner. She was picking them so quickly that she didn't realise that she had picked some poisonous Mushrooms. She hurried into the Rickety Cottage and washed the Mushrooms. She walked to the table and put the Mushrooms into a bowl and at down. As she picked up the poisonous Mushroom and popped it into her mouth. At that very moment her vision went blurry and her heart was throbbing out of her chest. She fell to the floor and slowly closed her eyes, she rolled out of the cottage into the storm and fainted.

She woke up after a good few days, but she couldn't move."Oh no!" she thought."What will I do!"She lay there for hours for she could not move.
For days she lay there, but no one came. She waited and waited and waited until a pack of wolves came across her. The leader of the pack barked at the others. The girl worried, she tried to move but only her eyes moved, she tried and tried and tried until her lips moved and she shouted the first thing that came to her mind. "RAIN!!!!" and after that clouds upon clouds upon clouds started to appear above the wolf pack. Thunder crashed, Lightning flashed. A bolt of lightning slammed into the leader and the whole pack scampered away.

"Phew! That was close." As the rain fell on her she felt her body loosening and she finally got up. She shouted up into the air " Thank you rain! Thank you rain! And she ran back to her cottage.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!