Saving Ash!

Hi, I’m Ash and I’m an Australian koala living in a eucalyptus tree. One day when I woke up I heard sizzling and smelt burning of the leaves and trees. When I opened my eyes I saw fire up the top of my tree. I needed to get down, the tree was getting very hot, so I climbed down the tree. And when I got down I noticed my paws were hurting, they got burnt from the fire in the trees and the forest floor.

I looked around and all I could see and feel was flames. I saw a small gap in the bush fire so I just made a run through the gap, I made it! But then realised I had nowhere to go because the other side was in flames as well. So I started wondering in the flames and then I saw another koala, so I called to the koala and he came towards me because I called him and he saw the gap in the flames.

So we got out of the bush fire and I realised that my paws were even more burnt from the fire. We didn’t know how to get out of the bush fire; I looked up at my home and felt sad because it was burning. Then all of a sudden I heard a noise behind me, I was being lifted up and carried out of the fire. I was struggling and looked around and saw the other koala being picked up too. I watched my home disappear from view as I was taken to safety.

I was lying on something warm and soft then I was picked up and carried to a bright place. I looked up and I saw two people staring at me, they touched my sore paws looking me over. They were putting something cold on my sore paws and were wrapping them, I was put back on the warm soft place and fell asleep.

For awhile after I was taken to safety the people were changing my bandages and looking after me. I was eating my yummy eucalyptus leaves every day and I was getting put in the trees once in awhile I was starting to feel better.

I had noticed that some of my friends had gone and not come back, I wondered where they were. One day I was taken from this place, I soon realised that I was going home. I was put on the forest floor I looked around my home and felt happy, I went running towards a tree and climbed up, I looked around and saw blackness everywhere but I was glad to be home.

Alicia Lipp 5A

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!