The Fruit Bat And The Photographer

Excellence Award in the 'The Inside Story 2020' competition


Crystal was a little fruit bat. She lived in a cave. She loved to play around with her friends.
She glowed in the dark and she didn't need lanterns. When Crystal lost her glow she just needed to sit in the sun for a while.
She had a little bell that she loved to ring.
She ate fruit and leaves for breakfast and lunch. And grape vines for dinner.

Every Monday the photographer came to Crystal's cave. Every Monday she sits in the sun until the photographer comes. She rings her bell when she is ready. The photographer takes her photo. Smile Crystal! He takes her photo just before lunch time.

Then the photographer goes and Crystal flies around the town, ringing her bell. Ding, ding, ding, it's time for lunch!
The she flies back to her cave to have her lunch.

After lunch she goes out to play a board game with Koala. Koala is her friend. And when it's dinner time, Koala goes home and says "Goodbye Crystal". Crystal says "Goodbye Koala."

Then she flies around the town once more, ringing her bell saying "Ding, ding, ding, it's time for dinner!"
Then she goes home and eats her vines.

And that is a true story.




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!