December

It's the 25th of December. Though I hardly remember,as I stare at an ember.
My home is now a burnt pile of ash, on my side I have a gash. From the fire. The man in red told me I was going to be okay. What a liar. Dead is my mother, along with my brother. My family is dead I can't seem to clear my head. The sky is grey and down I lay as I try to pray but the words are hard to say.i can only say please, suddenly I clear my head with ease. I open my eyes to see a sea full of white. Everything is bright. People smile. I stay here for a while. I get up and walk, people sing, laugh and talk. Flowers lace the ground, my heart starts to pound. There she stands. The most beautiful in the land. In a gown of white and a smile so bright. She looks at me with kind eyes. I realize the man in red didn't say lies. There stands my mother. Alongside my brother. Everything is alright.







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!