A Change In Time

Once upon a time, not your time, nor my time, but one time, when the world was full of wonders, a planet called Earth was gifted on her birthday with, Health, Happiness and Life. Earth was so grateful for her gifts and she promised to look after them forever. The one gift that Earth loved with all her heart was Life; growth and change, movement and emotion.

Earth lived and grew with her first humans. She was happy with them, understanding them and taking care of them by sharing her gifts.

Earth’s favourite part about the humans was that they only took what they needed, gave back what they didn’t use, and always repaid her by taking care of her.
These humans lived with Earth in harmony for around 60,000 years.

One day, a fleet of ships came to earth. On them, came more humans, different humans. These humans looked different to her humans, and soon enough she learnt that they were very different. These new humans were not as caring towards Earth.

They did not give back what they took, they didn’t look after her. Earth concluded they didn't care.

Years went on and the new humans became more complicated. They were taking her humans and making them disappear, just because of their skin colour.
One day a man decided he needed a material to be made for moulding, so plastic was invented. Everybody thought that plastic was fantastic!
Plastic was used in many different forms and still is being used now.
Earth didn't mind the plastic as long as everyone safely disposed of it and didn’t harm her.



Plastic and earth grew older together, the humans care for Earth was degenerating. People would throw plastic onto the streets and it ended up in her oceans and waterways.


Earth was getting sick and her health was slowly fading.
Day after day. year after year, the corruption just got worse. Earth was so upset. The humans were ending her!

These humans only lived On Earth, not with her.

Transportation and infrastructure were polluting the air, oils and plastics were everywhere! Earth needed help! Her animals were dying and some species were becoming extinct as their homes were being destroyed by development.
Earth’s happiness was slowly fading and the only people that could help were the humans who caused it.

“Stop it, all of you!” Earth wanted to scream and cry.
“I am going to die and you will too. help me, and stop!”

The humans didn’t care. “It doesn’t matter how we treat Earth, we can always move to Mars.” The humans didn’t understand how much this really did matter. If they continued this way everything would be gone. They would destroy life.

Humans started to listen and change. “STOP!” yelled the humans, “we are going to die and Earth will too!”
The humans were doing it! Slowly day after day, year after year they were saving the Earth.
They did it.
Earth never wanted that to happen again...


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!