The Fireplace

As I sat in the third living room of our castle on a normal late evening, the sun shining through every corner, Lord Tubbington approached me. The fluent in English cat began to yapp about how he could sense the robbery coming at 12:30am.
And that I must follow him before 12:25am. And only bring my three most valuable things with me.

I did not think much of it at the time but the only thing that worried me in the slightest was the fact that his voice was so worried and serious.

So I did what he said that night. I packed three things, Teddy the bear, teacup our glass chiwawa and a 24 pack of toilet paper.

I walked curiously down the hall to Lord Tubbington’s room. I walked into an open room with the finest bed in England with silk of the softest. I looked around and saw Lord Tubbington standing in the middle of the room with an almost bursting orange suitcase.

The little cat without a word led me into our first living room and ordered me to lift him on the fireplace.

I heard glass shatter and a chill went down my spine. It was 12:30am and without hesitation I lifted him up onto the fireplace. He gently placed his paw on the globe, just as I spotted a shadow in the corner on my eye. The spot of floor we were standing on spun around into a small room.


I looked around and saw a shelf of food, a couch a lovely pinkish color and two elegant beds with red velvet silk better than Lord Tubbington’s. One was smaller. I thought it might be for me, Lord Tubbington loves to have the best.

I walked to a big soft couch “Lord T” I said “So how did you get this all? Lord Tubbington gasped and covered his mouth ”Never you mind” he mumbled. I rushed to the computer and checked in on all the security cameras until I found one with two men wearing thick black suits and heavy glasses standing near the fireplace. One rested his hand on the globe and I let out a moan.

I held my breath and waited for the fireplace to spin around but nothing happend for a few seconds then a mechanical woman's voice loudly spoke “Access denied”. A whoosh of air escaped my throat. We were safe for now.


I dialed 000 and the words came out as a stutter. “Robbery... house... 30 Nilesons Road... hurry”. “Ok Mam we will be there shortly.” After Lord Tubbington got me to relax we decided to get something to eat. Lord Tubbington pointed to a jar “I would like some pickles!” he exclaimed. I wonder why he likes pickles. I think they are rotten.


In the morning all was silent so we decided to venture out. Lord Tubbington tapped his paw on a globe and we were out in a flash, finally home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!