Mama's Message

One lovely day in the month of April, a beautiful girl was born to two parents named Lucas and Laura Smith and her name was April Jane Smith. April is an only child which means her parents spoil her a lot. They would do everything she says, like if they went to church, she would want her parents to save the front seats for her and if they went to the mall she would ask them to carry all the bags. April was so spoilt that she up grew to be a ridiculously sassy and bossy girl. On April’s 16th birthday she asked for a Bugatti covered in diamonds and with a hot pink steering wheel, as usual her parents managed to get it for her but, when April went to take a test drive she started crying. “Why are you crying?” her mother asked her sweetly she replied, “the steering wheel is baby pink not hot pink!”. April stormed inside and went to her room and started crying and screaming as loud as a volcano erupting. April’s mum burst inside her room and started yelling at her for not appreciating her parents and taking them for granted, after all the fighting Laura said “ if you are going to act like this forever just know if you are struggling keep praying and always know that God is with you”. 6 years later on a cold winters day it was snowing, and April was 22, living in an apartment and still acting the same way as she did 6 years ago. While April was texting her boyfriend, Justin she met 3 years ago she got an emergency call from the hospital and picked up when they already called her about like 10 billion times. “Hello is this April Smith” said the nurse “yes. That’s me stalker” “we have some bad news for you both of your parents have died, because of a heart attack” “WHAT O MY GOSH I WILL BE THEIR PRONTO”. April acted this way because she considered her parents her personal helpers so when her parents died it is just like her extra hands fell off. She cried for her head off until her boyfriend came and settled her down. Three days later they had a funeral and everyone they knew were invited her auntie talked to her about moving in with her she replied with “ I am okay I do not want to live with your stupid cats”. While everyone was about to leave, marching band came and ran towards April and Justin, all of a sudden Justin was on his knees and grabbed out a red velvet case opened it and said the most powerful 4 words will you marry me “ of course” exclaimed April. From that day on April and Justin moved in together. One day Justin told her to do the housework while he was gone when he came back the house was a mess. “Why is our house this messy” said Justin” I never told you this but I never learnt how to do housework” April never learnt how to do house work because she was so bossy that if her parents would tell her to do something she would react. Her and her boyfriend made a deal to hire 2 helpers to work around the house. From that day on April remembered what her mum said to her if you are struggling keep praying and always know that God is with you, so she did exactly that until God gave her an answer.

Moral of the story: Do not take anyone for granted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!