Once There Was A Time

Once there was a time when we were one. When there was community, together as one.
Once there was a time when hygiene was plentiful, and there was no ‘liquid gold’.
Once there was a time when there was no fear. There was no war, no greediness.
Once there was a time when we were free. Free to go and do what we like.
But now all that remains is fear, isolation and every man for themselves.
And hope.
Hope for a better future, one where there is clear blue skies and dolphins.
Though we may be apart we are together, singing the song of community.
Isolation makes us stronger, and helps us to learn.
Frustration makes us appreciate those who are never seen.
Loneliness helps us to see,
Sadness helps us to feel,
Fear helps us to understand.
Though we grieve for our losses we know that grief never lasts,
And that there is always a rainbow at the end of the storm.
Life is ever changing. Hold on.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!