Olivia And Her Poetry

Once upon a time, lived a village girl named Olivia. She lived in England and was a very sweet child. One day Olivia heard that her school was running a poetry competition, she decided to join it. Once the school bell rang for the end of the day, she ran up to her mother and told her everything about the poetry competition. Her mother was delighted by her decision. That night Olivia worked really hard and came up with a poem that goes a bit like this : God made a wonderful mother, a mother that never grows old. He made her smile of sunshine and molded her heart of pure gold. In her eyes he placed shining stars, in her cheeks fair roses you see. God made a wonderful mother, and he gave that dear mother to me. Olivia’s mother was very pleased by her daughter’s work. A few minutes later, Olivia’s mother said “ Time to go to bed Olivia “ ! So she hopped into bed. In the morning, when Olivia woke up she saw a closet full of dresses for her to wear for the performance. It took hours and hours for Olivia to choose a dress ! When she had finally chose one, she hopped into the shower. After 15 minutes she came out and changed into her cloths. She then combed her hair and put a little tiara on her head. Once she was ready, she and her mum jumped into the car and drove to where the competition was being run. When they arrived, they saw an empty stag with a lot of lights shining upon it. Suddenly a voice appeared, the show was about to begin ! A few people spoke very wonderfully and fluently. Olivia got really worried about her poem and began to tremble. Her mother gave her a big hug and gave her the courage she needed. Finally it was Olivia’s turn. She nervously stepped up on stage and began speaking her poem. Nobody could believe their eyes, Olivia was speaking so fluently ! When she had finished, people clapped and cheered ! Finally it was time for the winners to be announced ! You’ll never guess who won the trophy ! It was Olivia ! From that they onwards, Olivia became a famous poetry writer ! The End !

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!