The Mysterious Message

“Crash”, “Bang”. The sound of nearby thunder rings throughout my eardrum. The rain on top of the bus shelter is getting me slightly wet as I wait for my bus home. “Ba-Ding,” My phone rings it’s a message from an unknown number it reads, “I can see you”. I get a shiver down my spine; I’m now hoping the bus comes quicker. In the far distance I hear the old beaten up bus squeaking it’s way down the street. Thank god I tell myself. The bus parks in front of me and the driver yells, “Main street.” “Yep,” I yell back. I go to step up onto the bus and it disappears out of under my feet. “Splash,” I fall face first into the puddle the bus was parked on top of.

I start walking home even though my apartment is half-way across town and its late and cold. As I’m halfway home I get another message. It reads, “I still see you.” I look around there are no cars in sight and every house has there lights off. Even though there’s no one in sight I still turn my walk into a jog. Once I finally get home, I quickly rush inside lock every door and window and close every blind. Then because I’m freezing, I turn on the hot water and have a shower.

Once I get out of the shower, I look at my phone there’s another messages this time it says, “Did you have a nice shower.” After that I get changed and get into bed. I’m about to fall asleep when I hear big heavy footsteps coming down the hallway. The door creaks open and a silhouette of a big muscly man is standing there. He has what looks like a baseball bat in hand.

And that’s all I remember before waking up here with a broken nose, cut lip and three cracked ribs. I finish telling the Doctor.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!