Incomplete And Alone

“No!” I screamed as I opened my eyes. All I felt was an intense chill rush through my lifeless body. I couldn’t move, I didn’t know what was happening or where I was but, I heard a faint voice. As the voice grew louder, I felt a something delicately brush past my leg like a gust of light wind. The voice continued to echo for what felt like an eternity, it sounded eerily familiar. It sounded like a person I used to know, the voice of someone whom I cared for deeply. I felt a sudden jolt and I awoke in a long never-ending corridor the walls around me covered in what appeared to be a sort of screen of which portrayed memories each one of which date stamped. I look to the first screen on my left and saw the time my younger flushed my fish down the toilet and then I looked to my right and it was when my dad told my family that our grandma had passed away. An abrupt and blinding light flashed from further down the corridor, wanting to escape these replays of the pain in my life, I ran down the corridor to where I saw the light flash. It felt like I had been running for hours but I finally reached a small cube like table with a computer monitor on it, I turned it on curious if this was the key to my escape. A familiar face appeared on the screen, I looked to the top right corner and it said the 14th of October 2019. It took a moment to figure out which was memory I was seeing, once it had registered with me, I couldn’t help but scream. It was the day I found her. I felt that jolt again, and I returned to the chasm of darkness with no hope of escape.
My heart stopped for a moment as I sat up in my bed and banged my head against the bed head. It hurt. As I began to realise where I was, I had a rush of loneliness overcome me. I remember that agonising place where I was, but I really wasn’t there it was just in my head. A place where my subconscious sent me when I was asleep. It was horrifying whenever I went that all I felt was alone. I always felt paralysed trapped my emotions always in a constant storm of sadness and anger. All because of her and a decision she made. I miss her and wish everyday for her to come back to me and never leave my side. I am angry because she left me in an amount of pain no words could possibly describe. She was my twin, my other half without her I broken and empty. I will never be the same, I don’t know when I will stop feeling this pain, maybe I will never. I just don’t know anything anymore. I am incomplete, and alone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!