Finding Jacob!

The burning hot, sharp light rays hit me directly in the face, but I didn’t wince with pain as I was too engrossed staring out the tinted car windows at the sparkling, brightly coloured fluorescent building. Each section of the exterior wall of the colourful building was a completely different colour. The wall went from a range of red, orange, yellow and brown to blue, green, aqua, purple and pink. There were so many bright colours that when you took your first glance at the building, all you saw was a spectacular building painted in different colours. The building resembled a rainbow with all its different colours. The newly built and painted roof shimmered hot pink in the dazzling sunlight while the windows were polished clean and the doors in perfect condition. Cute little stuffed toys were sitting behind the display windows and a glamorous sign that had been especially decorated hung overhead. TOYWORLD! This is a special place for me. Ever since it opened, I have loved coming here.

As I walked into Toyworld, adrenaline hit me in the stomach and I reeled over but I pushed myself to keep going and stood up tall. I could do this, I told myself, and I had to. I didn’t have a choice. This was the last hope, the last place Jacob could be. Jacob is my little brother and we are so close to one another, we can sometimes read each other’s minds. He has been missing from the house for over two days now and Mum, Dad and I have nearly given up on finding him. I took a deep breath and walked further into the quiet shop. I stared, astounded at the sight that met my eyes, there was Jacob, standing at the counter grinning at me with his big toothy smile.

“Where have you been?” I whispered, my eyes clouding with tears.

“Here,” he answered simply, looking at me with big puppy dog eyes.

“Please don’t blame me Lily. Mum and Dad were so angry with me, so I decided to camp out here for a few days so they could get over their anger and love me again.” Explained Jacob.

“Mum and Dad are going to be so happy to see you though, we have been looking for you everywhere and we nearly gave up on finding you! We never wanted you to have to do this.” I cried, running up to Jacob and giving him a big bear hug, “We love you no matter what and you should know that!”

“I love you Lily!” Jacob sniffed.

“I love you too Jacob!” I smiled at him, and we walked out of the shop together, hand in hand.

As Jacob and I walked out of the shop, I felt as though I was walking on air. I can’t believe I found Jacob. He doesn’t realise how much he means to me but when he’s older and understands me more, I will tell him everything.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!