The Magic Tree

There was a tree that stood alone in the woods hidden by bush and brambles. This tree had a special power. It had the power to heal people and talk. It was called the Magic Tree.

Many years ago the Magic Tree was the only tree (apart from the Ruler of Trees) who had the special power to speak but one day he used his powers in the wrong way. The trees started to weaken and crumble and their leaves turned brown. They desperately needed a cure to keep them alive.

The Magic Tree felt lonely, sad and deeply regretted his behaviour. He apologised to the surviving trees and also to the Ruler of Trees who was kind and replied with “I forgive you and give you my last and very special power. The power of healing. You need to take very good care of it to save the trees and whoever needs your help.” The Magic Tree kept his promise.

Many years later, four children stumbled upon the forest attracted by a bright light coming from the Magic Tree. As they got closer, to their shock they heard it give out a big and heavy sigh and say “Ugh, are you going to keep admiring me for my looks? How may I help you?”

One of the children, a young girl, bravely spoke and said “Hello Mr. If you are trying to scare us for Halloween it’s not going to work. I’m not scared of trees especially ones that talk!”

The Magic Tree replied and said “No, of course I’m not here to scare you. Who are you?”

The young girl continued by saying “Sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Bella and I’m the eldest and this is my younger brother Zac.”

“Anyway, how come you are able to speak?” Bella asked curiously.

The Magic Tree replied with “I am a tree with the special power to speak and heal.”

With a glimmer of hope rising through Zac’s body, he asked whether the Magic Tree could heal someone diagnosed with cancer. The Magic tree responded by they had come to see the right person or rather tree!

The Magic Tree was curious to know why they had come into the forest.

As if Bella could read the Magic Tree’s thoughts, she said “You must be very lonely alone in this forest. We were on an adventure to take our mum off our minds because she has cancer.”

“Yes, I am very lonely” said the Magic Tree, “but if I can cure your mum then maybe people will visit me more often.”

The Magic Tree miraculously saved the children’s mother and in return the children made the Magic Tree feel like part of their family, visiting the tree everyday. From that day onwards, the tree cured a lot of people and definitely lived up to his reputation as the Magic Tree!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!