The Origin Of Officer Cake

Beep, Beep, Beep!! It was my alarm clock!! I had slept in and now going to be late for school!! I ate breakfast, got dressed then bolted to the bus stop as fast as lightning!! “Wait, wait for me!!” I bellowed out to the bus driver, but they did not, and the bus left me in the dust. Boom!! Lightning struck and rain poured down like bullets in world war two. “Just my luck” I whined. I started running to school so I did not get entirely soaked and another late attendance on my report card. Ring!! It was the bell. “made it” I said when I got to class. “That was the bell for end of class Axel!!” my teacher Miss Spencer explained. Then everyone walked out of the classroom and had lunch. At lunch I sneak out of school and go to the forest nearby, but then when I walk in, I see a weird tree that looks like it has a face on it. As I hesitantly creep closer, I can see its leaves have fallen off with a gigantic hole in it. I carefully step inside it, but instantly get shot back. So, I try again, and the same thing happens, so I try it a few more times still the same thing happens. So, then I give up and walk around but I see some weird looking branch that’s kind of … shiny? So, I jump up and pull it and then I feel shaking and then nothing. I walk back to the tree that had the hole in it and take one last try, I – I can go in so then I look around in the huge dark oak tree and then see a … key hole? I then look around on the ground for something that would fit in the keyhole, but all I see is a stick. I pick up the stick, put it in the keyhole, then the ground opens up and stairs appear. I walk down the stairs and then I see chambers, so then I walk towards one of them and take a few seconds to admire it. But I trip over a rock and fall in then the door shuts and it turns on and there are huge, flashing lights. I start feeling changes, then the lights turn off and the door opens with a creak and I sprint out of the chamber, up the stairs and out of the tree.
I started to run back to my classroom through the dense forest. I look around and everything is a blur, and I start to burn all over. I try to stop running but I can’t, and I realise I’m running so fast everything and everyone is frozen in time. I get back to school and the principal is waiting for me at the gates with a face so red it was redder than a tomato and he has turned into a volcano that’s gonna blow. “Detention yeah, yeah I know” I groan, trudge angrily to his office. “THAT WAS MY LINE!!” My principal screeches. “I’VE BEEN WAITING AGES TO CATCH YOU OUT!!” “Yeah well you gotta catch me first!!” I retort and bolt away. I manage to manage to get home using my new “cakespeed”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!