Losing A Friend

Losing A Friend
“Mum!” I yelled,
“I’m going to Zack’s house.”
“Ok do you have your backpack?” she asked,
“Of course I don’t,” I said sarcastically and rushed out the door onto my bike and rode the 5 minutes it takes to get from my house to Zack’s.
When I got there, his mother opened the door, I came in and went upstairs where Zack was quietly waiting for me, “ Wow that was quick,” he said in shock. I smiled and started playing video games.
After maybe an hour, Zack’s mother told us to go to the park and take our bikes. When we got there we were just playing around on our bikes, racing, pushing and normal 12 year old stuff until I saw this large crowd of people crowding around something. I climbed up a pole to get a better look and what I saw still haunts me to this very day. Two kids were holding up this other boy and another kid was what looked like hypnotizing that one kid.
I slid down the pole and accidentally hit my bike which caused it to fall and they heard. They started running towards us so we picked up our bikes and rode them until we thought we were a safe distance away.
We stopped pedaling and got off our bikes to catch our breath but suddenly, I started to feel dizzy and sick and soon passed out.
When I woke up however, Zack was nowhere to be seen. I tried to call him on my phone but he wasn’t there, I ran to his house but even his house wasn’t there.
To this day, I still wonder what happened to him or if he was even real in the first place.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!