Danger

Crack! A shiver crawled up her spine. Angela froze on the spot, not daring to peek out from under the smooth, polished, mahogany table. She could hear the whispers of the skin-crawling creatures, planning their next deadly, gruesome slaughters. These creatures are not just any regular creatures. No. These creatures, they are Goblins.
Goblins are not the small, long-nosed, bat-like creatures you hear about in child fantasy tales. Goblins are tall, long clawed, scarred, fanged, man-eating menaces. A Goblin’s top jar pops out in front of the bottom, slimy, greenish-yellow drool dripping from their massive fangs. They have no lips, and when they smiled, their gums curved into a half moon shaped smirk, showing their lumpy purple tongue. When they spoke, their flat noses wrinkled. They were black with yellowish eyes and had foul warts almost everywhere. Their bony ribs could be seen through their slim bodies. There was never a fat goblin, or a friendly one.
Teleporting out of thin air, the Goblins in this rotting, terrible old office made a loud crack, fortunately giving Angela a sign grave danger was coming. She knew she must take action or risk being captured in the abandoned house, now belonging to the Dark Emperor of all Goblins.
“Welcome, my friends,” said the Goblin under the cloak in a husky voice. “This, as you may see, is a new headquarters belonging to my ancestors, the former Dark Emperor of Goblins.” Angela had been sent here to exterminate the Dark Emperor of Goblins by the government of DMIA (Dark Magic Investigating agency). Her plan was to kill him with her magic, (transfiguring into animal bodies), when she found him. Now she had. No one has ever seen him before, until this moment.
A strange, lumpy hand was withdrawn from under the cloak. It grasped a bunch of the rough, black fabric and slowly pulled. Angela knew she only had half a second before he pulled off the cloak, therefore she quickly transfigured into a small, dirty, worm-like-tail creature and zoomed to the terrible Goblin’s feet. Finally, the cloak dropped to the floor, and as much as she didn’t want to, she sank her two large front teeth into his black flesh. “HELLLLLLLLLLLP!!” he screamed helplessly, but his voice was drowned by the shouts of the Goblins, all of them melting into one deep, black puddle. Angela transfigured back to her original human form. As though it were acid, the remnants of the Goblins sank through the floor to the ground below.
Angela felt a great rush of happiness come over her. She had known that one bite of the rat would drag a Goblin over the line of its dreadful death. And even though the consequence of not being able to be a multicreature (as they call them) anymore, was heart breaking, Angela was not sad. She now knew that every single Goblin in the world was gone forever, thwarted by one determined fifteen-year-old.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!