Paradise

Every night, I sail away to paradise.
To a place where I can truly be myself.
A world where there are endless possibilities.
Where all my dreams can become reality.
It’s not just another desert island in the middle of nowhere, but a better version of where I am right now. Everything is the same, except, that, all my dreams have become true. I can live happily.
After jumping into my small wooden boat that’s just big enough for me to fit in along with nothing and no one else except for a small basket of food, a light and a blanket, I begin my journey. The entire time, I stare up at the beautiful, bright stars in the endless beauty of the dark night sky. It’s almost too perfect to be true. The wind blows just right and it’s not too hot or too cold.
As my little boat gently drifts in the vast ocean, I quickly become a philosopher. Why can’t I follow my dreams? Why does no one believe in me? Why must I have the future that someone else wants me to have? Why is there only one path to a good life? All these questions instantaneously flood my mind. After a while, I decide that these questions cannot be answered because life cannot be answered. I then slowly drift off to sleep.
After a while, I reach my destination. I steadily drift out of my small, tiny boat and into paradise. Once I’ve stepped into paradise, everything changes. I am no longer in the same clothes. I look different. I talk differently. Everything is different but for the better. I can be and do what I want. I can live my life on my terms.
I can finally enjoy living and being human. No one telling me off for all my flaws. No one saying that what I want is unachievable. Just respect, belief, and happiness. Suddenly, anything is achievable. I am now enjoying every breath, every second, every moment. Life suddenly doesn’t seem meaningless anymore, because I am happy and enjoying everything that life has to offer. I can and am finally doing what I love and was destined to do.
Then, once the day is done and I go to sleep in my big comfy bed with lots of pillows, I look out the large glass windows and stare at the view for a while. Once I’m done, I take a deep breath in before sighing and finally closing my eyelids shut. Once again, I wake up, but this time, not to my little boat, but to the real world. In this world, as much as I want it to be paradise, I know it won’t be because every day has made me feel trapped. Trapped inside a giant, never ending glass ball. It isn’t fun. It is harsh, mean, and cruel.
When will I be able to escape from it?
Will I never be able to enjoy being human and live the way I want in this world?
And then, I think that, if my dreams can become reality in Paradise, then, It surely can be achieved here. Every breath, every second and every moment will be spent on achieving what I want most.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!