Pain

Pain, that was the first thing I felt. Pain, As I stare at the lifeless body of my sister. What happened to her? I look at my hands covered in itchy eye-killing blood. No this is all a bad dream, right? But then I see an army of police surrounding me. “Surrender or we will shoot you,” one of them says in a calm, civil manner. “Fine shoot me!” I scream in a shaky voice, I resent my power but they do not shoot me, they stand there with a quizzical expression on their face. “SHOOT ME!” I scream. I honestly would prefer that than to live with the pain that I might have killed my sister, the only person that I love the most, but, Why? Why would I ever do such a horrible thing?
Well, it all started last week. It was just an ordinary morning. I was brushing my teeth. I looked behind me and the most peculiar thing happened: my shampoo and conditioner started to float in mid-air, my jaw dropped in shock. Is this really happening? Am I dreaming? Am I going mad? I inspected this astonishing thing that I supposedly saw, I crept up to it, anxious not knowing if this is real or safe, but I edged my finger closer and closer and I touched the bottles lightly, closed my eyes waiting for some sort of impact but it didn't come and opened my eyes to the scream of my mum “Nova are you ready!” And the minute her voice enters my ear the bottles drop to the ground, this is just too hard for my human brain to comprehend. “Nova!” My mum screams, snapping me back to reality.
“Yeah coming!” I yell softly back and imminently walk away.
After that, my sister and I walked to school peacefully but my mind didn't stop thinking about what happened in the bathroom. It haunts me and I know I can't tell anyone, they will think I have lost my mind. “Nova you ok?” The voice of my sister brings me back, I look at her with a sweet deep smile and say as steady as I can “Yes.” I know how my sister is, she can easily sense when something is off. I suddenly heard all different voices the pixie-like voices of children, the croaky voices of old men and woman but a sweet musical voice pulls me in to only focus on it and to accompany the voice I see a wicked grin and the voice says, “Kill her, kill the one who stands next to you,” and then the voice vanishes as well as the others and my whole perspective suddenly to change. I would think of things that I thought I never would, my mind develops demons to overtake me and only one thought remains in my head, ‘Kill her, kill her now.’
And that is when the pain all started.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!