Zombie Invasion

After a long day of school work, Sam prepared to go to softball practice. He waited patiently for his dad to take him to softball training. The door opened violently with a loud thump and in came his dad. But instead of his normal, cheery face, there was a dreadful look instead.

“Pack your bags immediately,” his voice boomed throughout the house “There is a zombie outbreak.”

“We must get to the bunker in the Northern Mountains,” he yelled to Sam as they ran, “That is the only place where we will be safe.”

As they ran, Sam looked around at the neighborhood. Sam recalled all the times he played in the park and all the friends that he had made. All of it will be gone. Forcing back tears, Sam moved onwards, accepting that he may never see them again.


As they moved onwards, they reached a roadblock. There were abandoned cars and blood everywhere. Suddenly, hundreds of zombies approached. The smell was unbearable, the zombies were not green but were normal human skin shades. The zombies had bite marks all over their bodies, all from zombies biting their helpless bodies.

Sam had watched enough zombie movies to know the danger they were in. Hiding and fighting wouldn’t help because of the number of zombies. So they ran. They ran as fast as they could. They soon became tired and were running out of time. Then, Sam had an idea. He had run to an open car and started the engine. He had never driven an actual car before, only played the racing simulators at the arcade. So he accelerated towards the zombies. The zombies were sent flying, leaving a path in its wake, only to be filled by the other zombies. Sam repeated this until he knocked every zombie away. The zombies were too tired to attack, leaving Sam and his Dad free to continue.

The car sped up the journey so fast that they almost reached the bunker. But it was getting dark and they had to rest. So they stopped at a hotel and stayed the night there. They awoke to find the town filled with zombies all over the streets. Their car was overflowing with zombies. They decided to leave the car and sneak out of the town. Soon, they left the overrun town and raced on.

The bunker was nearby but the mountain was freezing the duo. The air felt like tiny ice shards firing at Sam and his dad. But then, a ferocious avalanche crashed down. Sam was going to get hit when his dad pushed him out of the way, to safety.
Sam knew his dad would never be seen again and that he must continue, or his effort would have been in vain.

Sam sat at the edge of the bunker entrance and looked down at the city. The zombie outbreak has taken over the town. Sam sat there wondering if it will all get better.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!