Nerf Wars

Once upon time on a dangerous bridge two teams were fighting with Nerf guns, both leaders of each team were brothers. Let me take you back 15 years. Dave the older brother of Eric corners him in his bedroom in their family home with Nerf guns. Bang!! Dave shot Eric with a Nerf gun in his right arm, Eric cried to his Mum. That is how the war started.
As years went by the brothers got older and grew apart. Dave moved to New York City and Eric moved to Brooklyn. Their Mum passed away, so Dave and Eric went to the funeral. Eric was in the middle of his eulogy when he looked at Dave and said, “If only I had more time with my Mum instead of Nerf fights with my BROTHER, I will miss you Mum”. This made Dave angry! After the funeral Eric went to Dave as he could not get over their childhood battles and roared, “I had you.” “No, you missed from like 5 meters away,” Dave complained. “Yes, but how about we do a rematch, you find the best Nerf shooters and we’ll have a war.’’ Eric yelled. “Fine’’ Dave hissed.
Dave and Eric went to their local police stations in hunt for team members. Once Dave and Eric got their teams sorted, they gathered at each end of the Brooklyn Bridge. Both teams started yelling at the cars on the bridge, “Get off the bridge NOW there is going to be a Nerf war”. All cars on that bridge stopped and the people from the cars ran off the bridge to safety. Dave yelled out to Eric and his team “Once you hear the gun shot, that is the start of the war!” Eric yelled back, “Let’s start!”
BANG the gun shot, and the war began. Both teams took cover behind parked cars on the bridge. The guys with the snippers climbed up the sides of the bridge ready to battle. The big dudes with machine guns ran out in front of their crew and started shooting the opposition. Members from each team yelled “take cover” as Nerf grenades flew from all directions of the bridge. One by one each member got taken out. Before you knew it, there was only one member of each team left, Eric and Dave. They were left to battle it out alone.
Eric was closing in on Dave he was 5 meters away and thought he had a clear shot bang he missed. Dave shot at the same time and hit Eric in the right arm, the force was so powerful he fell to the ground. Dave won!
Dave put his hand down to help Eric up on his feet they both laughed Eric gave Dave a big hug. They both felt so silly why after all this time were we so angry with each other? Both brothers apologised and made up, they are now best of mates. From that day they celebrate annually with a fun Nerf battle to remind them of their childhood.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!