That Woeful Day

The darkness blinded me. The sounds of silence pierced my ears. I was alone. Alone in my bed with the sorrow that the love of my life was gone. The thoughts of his dead body in the casket were I couldn't hear him or see him again. Yet amid things, I could still remember everything. Our lives were set out, and the engagement ring proved it. I keep asking myself why.

We did everything together. It was all joy and laughter. He was a generous and kind guy, though I wish that he didn't treat my sister like he did.

For our last days as fiances, we did all the things we used to do as kids together before we would get married. And from that. It was quite fun and memorable. One of those was hiking.

The hill was steep; you could say it took us hours to get up the hill, after all, I needed to tell him all the ideas for the wedding. There was a lot of chatter and laughter but one thing I especially remember was the continuous eye-rolling. But I just shrugged it off, at the time.

As we were talking about cake flavors for the wedding cake a suspicious figure crept closer and closer to the peer was my fiance was. And with one gesture the figure pushed him down the steep rocky hill. His screams were deafening. My heart was racing. At that moment I knew I had lost him forever. The question was asked who did it.

Who would ever believe it was me. If only I didn't push him off the edge. I loved him and I killed him. I was a murderer.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!