A Desperate Wish

I wish that I could open my eyes to a world impossible, an easy lie.
A world where nature talked in joyous harmony.
A world where trees could shout when danger near indeed.
A world where flowers bloomed without boots stamping them to death.
A world where a garden could grow beyond limits and expectations.
A world where life existed behind locked doors and tall buildings.
A world where gardening could be a passion, not for money, but for joy and fun.
A world where I could live, unscathed by worry and fear. Of all the death sentences given to trees and grass and flowers.
Just because they live helpless, Just because they live silent. Just because they speak no words, no sounds, no nothing.
Oh, why is reality so harsh? Why kill innocent flowers? Why kill trees with a single swipe with an axe?
What 'joy' is there is murder? What 'fun' is there in death? What 'glee' do you get in killing?
Why, oh why, are humans so cruel? Why, oh why, am I so afraid to stand up?
For the soul of the earth, For the heat of the fire, For the mother of all animals, humans included?
I am sorry, Mother Nature, forgive my sins and please set me free from the fear inside me.
Oh, Mother Nature, give me the courage, to fight beside you, to fight with you.
Oh, Mother Nature, give me the courage to be myself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!