Of Mice And Men Alternative Ending

Lennie turned his head.
” No, Lennie. Look down there acrost the riv-”
“George, what are you doin with that gun?” Lennie uttered cluelessly.
Guilt started to fill George's face and mind.
” Lennie, just look acrost the river, please” George begged with a deep disgrace.
“George is this about the pup. You, you say ya wouldn’t give me hell.”
“No Lennie, no just do what I said and look at the river.”
Lennie reluctantly said,” George is this about Curley's Wife, I'm sorry George!”
The sound of Shouts of Men was approaching the Wild brush, like dark clouds gathering before a Storm.
“Jesus Christ Lennie. Of course, it's about Curley's Wife!”
George continued to outburst with anger, “I told you to stay away from that Jailbait, now I’ve gonna, gonna…”
“Gonna what George?” Lennie replied with a slight tone of fear.
George paused for a minute, took a deep breath then spoke in a calm matter,” Lennie, I'm gonna do away with you, before Curley and the guys get to you.”
George Continued as tears started to fill his eyes. “Lennie, believe me, this was the last thing I wanted to do, just know that I love you!”
Lennie started to slowly realize the situation, he said,” But what about our dream of living off the fat of the land?”
“Don't worry Lennie, we can still do it, maybe in another life when we don’t have to deal with no trouble,” George uttered with little hope, trying to keep his despair inside of him.
Lennie begged, “Let's do it now, let's get to that place.”
George Stared down the barrel deep in thought, raised the gun as his hands started to tremble with unease, the gun was staring back into Lennie's eyes. Lennie's face when white as a charge of agony pierced his childlike heart. George closed his eyes as he laid his finger on the trigger, a gun screamed violently as the shot fire echoed up the hills and down the hills.
Lennie's mammoth-like body sunk to the sand with a thud, blood poured out the guts, engulfing its surroundings like a flood. Silence filled the chilly atmosphere, birds in the distance over the hills were startled from the echo still travelling through the air.
George was covered and draining in blood, staining every inch of clothing he wore. George fearfully opened his eyes as he dropped to his knees, swiftly dropping the gun to the sand soaked in blood beside Lennie's corpse.
Then a man emerged from the damp bloody brush “That's what you get you son-of-a-bitch, for breaking my hand and killing my Wife!” cried Curley with vengeance in a cocky tone.
George Gazed up at Curley in disgust then at the gun lying beside Lennie's lifeless body, adrenaline started pumping through his veins at the speed of light, George Briskly reached for the Luger then directed the gun at Curley Shouting with rage,” It’s all your fault!”
The sound of the Gunshot killed the silence.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!