Sadness Is Just A Nigh Version Of Happiness

They once said follow your dreams but what if your dream can never come true. I tried and tried to become what I wanted the most to be an actor ….but they told me every day of my life that I was useless and just to give up on my dream.

At the young age of 6, I told my mother the only parent I had that I wanted to become an actor but all she did was sneer in my face and say
"NO YOUR USELESS YOUR THE RESON I HAD TO GIVE UP ON MY DREAM" as she screamed those words at me my eyes started to fill up with tears. I slowly start to take steps backward as she stomps towards me sprouting more hurtful words. This would go on for many years and as you know a glow stick breaks before it starts to glows and I guess that I broke so much, I snapped. I went numb, I just gave up trying I just stopped struggling to reach my dream which seemed to be in a never-ending tunnel almost as if it was taunting me.

parents always told me to fear the dark and as I walking in the pouring rain I hoped I would never come out I wished that I would ever return to my home which had crushed my dreams and hopes into a million pieces almost like throwing a rock into the ocean but truly never knowing how far the rock can truly go before realizing its too late. I went almost half my life believing every hurtful word which was thrown my way.

I woke up the one day my life went to shambles the day I told my mother my dream. The day I lost everything. As I stumbled out of bed open up my window to let the light shine in. I start to get ready for the day of school, trying to be as quiet as possible as not to wake mother up. As I walk towards the school I start to see other students all laughing and pointing at me.
"OOHHH great hear we go again, " I thought as I kept my head down as people either laugh or sneer at me as I walk by I get to my locker and start to put my stuff away. My day goes on as usually get either laughed at or sneered at as I walk by. As I walk home in pain I walk past the park me and my mother once used to play at. I walk up to the door to my worst nightmare my mother and I expected to see her all I saw was a note
"I can't anymore I just cant having a child like you is unbearable so I'm leaving will pay for bills but that's it"
I broke down crying people always told me to follow my dreams but what if the dreams are only nightmares.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!