Leaflet

The door bell rings, I open the door as my friend Lily was coming over I would open the door “hello!” I would say excitedly and she said “Hi! I’m so exited” and she’d give me a hug. I put her stuff down and we ran out side “hmmmm what do you wanna do?” She would ask “how about we look for bugs and make them a house!” I say she agrees then we start to look for them “there’s something on your shoulder..” lily says i look on my shoulder and there is a mantis! A orchid mantis! They are my favourite insects there so pretty “oh my lord ITS BEAUTIFUL!” I say picking it up “i wanna keep it, what should we name it?” I ask my friend as we walk to the table and put it on a leaf “hmm how about umm” she would say trying to decide a name “how about.. leaflet?” She would say “THATS PERFECT” I would say jumping on the spot “let’s make her a home, I’ll go get you a hug too” I say but she insisted that she didn’t want one “oh okay let’s make her a house then!” We get to making and we would use stick leaves and other thing and one more leaf and we’re done “ta da!” She says as the puts the last leaf “it looks amazing!” I say happily “now let’s show my mum!” We run inside with the jar and leaflet “mum! Look!” I shout to her as she comes to see “wow that looks wonderful girls” my mum says “thanks!” We both say “time for lunch and after lunch we will have to drop lily off” my mum says taking the cucumber out the fridge “aww okay” I say as we sit on the table staring at leafle. Lily had to go home so I wave at lily “bye” we both say as she drives home I would run inside and take leaflet to my room, I stared at her for hours, Before I went to bed I fed her and closed the lid, so though I thought when I woke up in the morning she was GONE! “Leaflet? Where are you?” I get upset my eyes start to water, “where are you?” I would whisper to my self as I would look under the night stand and up on the shelves “oh no” I would say looking everywhere while watching my step so I don’t squish her in my carpet I lifted up my pillow no sight of her looked on my dressing table, in my closet, my shelves still no sight of her I would sit on my bed and sigh “leaflet..” suddenly I see something on my window sill “leaflet?” I walk closer and there she was but she didn’t get up on my hand “are you okay?” I would say then something shocking happens…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!