We didn't do it!

It is the year 3129 and the date is the 24th of December. It is Christmas Eve and all the decorations are up. All except for one house. It was the Danty family. They weren’t in the spirit of Christmas. They were always arguing. On the night of Christmas Eve something terrible happened. Mug, M.J’s wife died.

When M.J walked into the room he got such a shock when he saw Mug on the floor. He automatically looked over at Bog and Spundy who were watching the soccer.
“What did you think you were doing,” M.J yelled.
“What did we do?” Bog and Spundy asked.
“You killed your mother,” he answered
“No we didn’t,” Bog and Spundy argued. M.J walks out of the room.
“What did we do?” as Spundy turns to look at Bog. Bog shrugged.

They went back to watching the soccer. It was the world cup final Australia vs Italy. Australia-0 1-italy. “YYYYYYEEEEHHHHH!!!” they shouted. Australia had just scored. Then their dad walked in the room. He turned the television off and stood in front of the children.

“Why? Why did you kill your mother?” he asked.
“We didn’t. We are telling the truth honestly,” said Bog and Spundy.
“I won’t turn the television on until you tell the truth,” Dad said softly.
“We are telling the truth, we are,” they complained.
“I won’t turn the television on until you tell me the truth. I will go for a walk and when I come back I want the truth,” he said as he walked out of the door.

Bog and Spundy turned the television back on and found that they were already into penalty shootouts. Australia ends up losing by 1 goal. Bog gets the instantly changes the channel. Dad comes back in.

“I’ve had a think. I know you really don’t want to admit that you killed your mother, so I decided every time you say you didn’t you will go to your room, or I will hypnotize you and make you tell the truth,” dad blabbered.
“We didn’t, ok and we are not lying. When have ever lied to you,” Bog and Spundy said.
“Um, you always lie to me,” he said in a teasing voice.
“Yeh, but it doesn’t mean were lying this time,” Bog and Spundy whimpered.
“But when people lie all the time people don’t believe them,” dad answered.
“But this time we are telling the truth,” we plead.
“I will hypnotize you, and see if you say yes or no. Allabam annaclam hypnotize yes bam. Now did you kill your mother,” he says.
“No,” bog and Spundy said firmly.
“Allabam annaclam wake up, wham,” he said at the clap of his hands.
“See, we didn’t,” Bog and Spundy shouted.
“Ok,” he says with his head down.
“I wasn’t really dead, I faked it. I was seeing how you get along as a family,” she said. With that they lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!