Just Another Journey Through Our Pandemic

Days get longer and longer as the time ‘till freedom gets shorter and shorter,
This seemingly never-ending loop of hiding away from the world I was born to live in.
It's this feeling of being close to what you want but being just a little too far to grab a hold of it.
I asked a question whispered into the universe, ‘Why now?’ yet there was no response.
The feeling of loneliness comes to mind as I write, lost emotions, lost friendships.
I walk the path of this never-ending road, this road that’s my path to freedom. Yet I must push through.
The surrounding fog won't clear, it's coming closer and closer to my eyes,
Then it hits, I can't see anything, I’m alone and out of sight from anyone.
I must fight, I must find hope through this mist, someone has to be here, someone, anyone I shout into the void, ‘Help...’,
But silence and my own echo are all I have as a reply.
I must not, giving up is telling the world you're okay with suffering, giving up is a sign of weakness, I am not weak.
I continue to walk down this unseeable road,
I see a light, a blue light, a blue light in the clouds of fog.
The light is becoming brighter and brighter as I start to jog. This jog turns into a run, a run into a sprint, a sprint into-
The light, it was the blue sky I was craving to reach. A blue sky in my backyard, with the people who love me sharing a meal.
Everything I’ve been through took me here, I believe it was worth it.
So, as I wait for freedom, I guarantee myself that I will see my loved ones again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!