New Girls Truth

Brightly, the sun shone into my stain glass window, as I groaned and leaned over. My coffee tinted skin glistened in the golden flecks that coated the pale blue skies. “Nora Blake Brown get your butt down here now!” My wench of a mother announced throughout the empty hallway. Her echoing voice sent chills down my cold back. I rolled off my bed and slipped into a dark orange crop top and deep blue jeans. Speedily, I hissed past my mother and left the house. My dark hair was loosely done in a bun as I continued to hurry to school.

Once I arrived, I ran into the cold metallic gates. I continued to bolt till I ran into another person. Her eyes were a greyish blue colour. Her hair was curly and platinum blonde. Our eyes connected so strongly it felt like we were standing there for hours. “Sorry, I’m new. My name is Emma, Emma Roberts.” She spoke. I stared into her eyes deeply as she looked at me concerned. “M-My name is Nora Brown” I said gently holding her left hand. She smiled before walking away.

I was just sitting there starstruck. As my year coordinator came angrily towards me. Her wrinkles met up on her forehead as she pulled me toward the office. Emma’s face replayed on my mind. Her beautifully pale skin made me feel something I have never felt before. Soon enough I was stuck in my homeroom just waiting for my teacher to enter. Emma, forward facing, seemed scarce. Her platinum hair gently rested on her salmon pink top. I got up and began to stumble towards her. But someone had reached her before me, Johnny. I looked away as tears began to swell in my eyes. He tried to ask her out, but she rejected him.

Her head turned toward me as she smiled. I knew I was gay, but was she? I couldn’t tell. It was like she kept wanting to tease me. Her beautiful eyes wavered in my mind as I slowly walked back to my cold desk. I held my head in my hands as she stepped towards me. “Nora? Can you come with me please?” I nodded and slowly followed her behind the school.

As soon as we stopped, I looked at her with confusion bright in my pure orbs. “I really want to be honest with you right now”. She said with a mix of anger, confusion and lust. She looked deep into my eyes as she grabbed my hands. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she began to speak, “I love you and I hope you can be my girlfriend”. I looked at her and a smile crept across my pink face. “Yes! Yes! Yes!” I yelled and kissed her deeply.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!