Laus Jurgen

It was just another day, blue skies, glazing sun and the most white fluffiest clouds almost like heaven. Hi my name is Klaus Jurgen and I live in Rothenburg ob der Tauber a smaller German town. I live on farm on the outskirts of the town. My day was going well and I was just doing jobs in around the farm.




My father ran towards me with look as if someone just died on his face. He then jumbled words of his tongue three or four times before I realised the jumbled words were. Germany has declared war against the allies.






I got shivers down my spine as I realised that war would most likely mean conscription for eighteen or overs which would lead to me fighting and leaving my family and friends behind.
For some bloodbath war but then I realised that I would be serving and honouring my country and my people. So I decided hit this mountainous climb as hard as I could.





The next morning there was a knock on the door so I got out bed to answer the door.
It was an army general and some soldiers and they had come for conscription. So I signed my name away.






The next thing I new it was the 5 may 1943 and war had been going on for four years. I was laying in muddy stinking rotten trench when I saw the same white fluffy clouds as the day the war started. It made me think of freedom, peace and hope as I lay there in this forsaken trench.
It motivated me to fight and defend my country and people so elevated myself of the slippery mud I grabbed my gun and charged.





But we paused as we heard that dreaded alarm go off the British air force were running a bomb raid over the trenches.

Then the piercing whistle that put nightmares in any mans mind. I ducked for cover but I was too late the bomb went BANG!! It all went blank I couldn’t see and there was this ringing ache in. My ear.


That was I all remember from the bomb now I was prisoned in a hospital in Berlin. I was stuck in there for 24 months for every day of those ten months, I just lay in bed and and was fed food that tasted worst then the food in the army.




Now it was May 16 1945 and I was finally out of that iron sealed prison. I was sent with a defence force to a beach called Omaha in Normandy. As soon as arrived there we prepped, the defensive posts ,loaded all the guns and planted mines all along the beach.




For the next three-four months we did essentially nothing but a few little jobs here and there. But then the 2 of September 1945 rolled around it was early morning when we heard the allies were invading.



Everyone woke up and scrambled to there positions I was running to my position, when I saw it this huge colossus metal grey cloud. My eyes paused I wanted to run but everything in body froze even the blood in my body went cold.


It was the biggest fleet anyone had every seen ships, were like mountains rising out of the water hundreds meters high and wide.


I was stuck like a deer in the headlights of a car. But then my platoon leader cried out Klaus Jurgen move into position. So I scattered quickly into my position but, it fixed past my ear what was it I looked behind to see a dead body. It was a bullet and they were here.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!