Oedipus On The Run

After oedipus had defeated the sphinx’s riddle,
He had entered the kingdom of thebes and was praised for his great accomplishment
And rewarded with a feast and riches.Oedipus had taken his rightful spot on the throne as son of Laius king of Thebes who Oedipus had killed in a fit of rage as his father had sold him for adoption at his young age, luckily he had been adopted by king Polybus.

On his return he had received the hand of the widowed queen (his mothers...kinda weird).And lived together.

A few days later word had spread of his great victory over the sphinx and The children of the great beast had also heard they both were much stronger than their mother and https://www.write4fun.net/were able to kill with making no sound and no one would know.The two young sphinx set off for Thebes.When the king had heard of this he had decided to flee the kingdom and come later.In such a rush the king had left the city abandoned with no ruler and when the sphinx had come instead of searching for him they had decided to take over the kingdom until his return.

Oedipus thought that the sphinx had left and ran back to the city only to get torn apart.

As he entered Hades asked him “why are you here’ and he told hades his story.Hades had come up with a plan to free him.He told him that he would kill the sphinx as long as Odedipus would bring hermes to him and oedipus agreed but did not want to keep his promise.After Oedipus had returned he had called upon Hermes and told him the plans of Hades.
Hermes brought him to confront Zeus.Thinking that he had done this promise to protect his people Zeus had placed a mark on Oedipus’s head so that Hades were not able to touch him.

Oedipus had thanked Zeus and scurried home and ruled over his kingdom with his wife.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!