Magical Surprise!

Millie arrived at the blossomwood camp park and she got out of the car in excitement and found her cousins Sophie and Rickie. They asked their parents if they could explore blossomwood woods. Their parents said “yes”. They excitedly ran towards the woods, everyone joined except Rickie. She had beautiful hair and soft pretty hands. Rickie said, “I am not coming, who want to play in among dirty, dark trees”. Rickie did not want to go to the woods in case if her beautiful hair and hands got ruined. So she decided to stay behind. The other girls ran towards the woods. When they stepped inside, the trees were whooshing and making a mysterious whooshing sound. The girls walked through the woods and they were mesmerised by the beautiful colour changing flowers and glittering water in the river. Each girl put their foot into the warm, glittering water in the river. Then they played in there, splashing water everywhere.

They stepped out of the water after a while, their footprints were looking weird.. they got hoof prints..
Then they felt a tail swishing in their back and they felt something heavy growing on their head. They were scared. Suddenly, they looked at their reflection on the water and noticed that they have turned into unicorns. They said “Wow, we have turned into unicorns, the water must be magical” said Sophie. First, they were excited, but then they were so worried. So they made a plan and their plan was to try to find a way to become human again. First, they tried saying “unicorns”, then they hopped three times on the ground and then they tried thinking about normal people, hoping it will make them “normal” again.. And guess what.. they were very lucky because it worked!!

Then they had to hurry to the campsite, they were already late and they could hear their dads calling them “Time for supper, girls”. So the girls ran quickly to their dads. They saw Rickie toasting marshmallows near the campfire. They sat beside Rickie and told her all about their adventure. Rickie was really amazed by what happened in the woods. But at the same time, she was sad too. Millie said, “you should have come with us, without worrying about your hands or hair”. Sophie said “nature is always fun to explore, whether it is dark or dirty, like the dark starry nights or the dirty muddy puddles..” Rickie learned her lesson to appreciate the magic of nature. “Maybe next time, I will explore the blossomwood woods” Rickie said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!