I Remember

It's 2060, it’s a different world now. Very different. Once you have a child, they are taken by the government, until they reach the age of 10. Nobody ever knew why they made parents suffer in these ways. No child has ever remembered anything from the period of time they were gone. Nothing. But I was different. I remembered everything, and once I reached the age of 10, the people they gave me to were different. And they weren't my real parents.
I remember it all. The day I was taken. They brain wash you. Every year, you get a new microchip. But not me they always forgot me. Every year, because I was smart, I would hide. My name’s Sage. Every year, I would hide and because I acted like the rest, they never suspected a thing. I would always hide under my bed and would quiver in fear. They never caught me. Unlike the rest, I was erudite. I never acted suspicious. But what they were really hiding was that they used us as slaves. They never really got maids, instead, they made us and our parents suffer. Sometimes, they would even make us construct stuff. Not Lego, buildings. Back in the old days, men used to study to be builders and they would build all the buildings. But technology is so advanced, that they disguise us as older men and make us do it all.
Once I reached the age of 10 they gave me back to “my parents". But after a year, I noticed that they were different and didn't look like my real parents. Because they never gave me the microchips, I remembered them exactly. My mother. Blue eyes like a river and luscious hazelnut brown hair. She was beautiful. Like a fantasy princess. My father. Enchanted green, emerald eyes and bronze, light brown hair. Nothing like these strangers they gave me to. Then all the pieces of the puzzle lined up. I finally understood. They're not humans, nor are they my real parents. They're robots, the perfect way of demolishing the humankind. They had executed my real parents. All of our real parents and replaced them with robots. Then I realised, I was the last human left...
17 years later, I managed to have my own kid. But the government didn't find out. I didn't let her out of the house until she reached the age of 10. It’s now her 11th birthday.
Decades later, there are no robots left. I have replaced them with generations of humans. A story was written about my life, this story, while I watch humans live happily, with no robots, from the afterlife.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!