New York Noah

Nia and Noah are twins and best friends. They had always dreamt of going to New York when they were 16 to watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve and they had turned 16, 2 days ago.
“Have you seen my snow jacket?” Nia asked Noah, wondering where she had it last.
“Behind the door” Noah replied, not even looking up. ‘Wow, how DOES he do it,’ Nia wondered. Noah continued to pack his suitcase. He packed responsibly. But Nia didn’t. She packed as if she were going to a disco every night and if that wasn’t bad enough, more than half of the weight of her suitcase was made up of makeup. “Nia, is that what you are seriously packing?” Noah asked, scoffing.
“Yeah, what’s wrong with it?” Nia asked, confused.
“Wow, that’s so like you. Being irresponsible and then you’ll be coming to me for stuff.” Noah was not surprised.
“And you, judging like always.” She replied. They gave each other dirty looks.
“You haven’t been supportive of me since, EVER!” Nia told him, mad that he was calling her out.
“Well, I wish you weren’t my twin!” Noah yelled at her burning with anger.
“I WISH WE WEREN’T RELATED!!!” She yelled and it echoed through the house. They stomped off and didn’t see each other until they both left.
“Where are you, Noah? I’m at gate 14.” She told Noah on the phone.
“So am I. Philadelphia?” He asks her, confused.
“New Jersey. Let’s just meet at the ball drop though.” She said, near to tears. She nearly wished she didn’t say all those things to him. They both got on different planes and went to New York. Nia was dropped off at Central Park. She sat on a bench and just looked at the park. The beautiful trees, the pink and yellow flowers and the luscious grass. Then she felt a cold touch on her shoulder. It was snowing! She got her snow jacket out of her bag and put it on. She got up again and continued walking to Times Square. On her way there she ate a delicious mustard hotdog and heard a guitarist play ‘Party in the USA’. It took her a couple of hours to get there but she did. When she did get there, it was 30 minutes until New Year's Eve and she HAD to find her brother. She searched and couldn’t find him.
“Nia, NIA!” Called a voice that sounded very familiar.
“Noah?!” I called back. Noah ran to me and hugged me. We had the longest hug ever.
“Nia, I’m so sorry. I never should have said those things.” Noah said looking apologetic at Nia.
“No, I’M the one that should be sorry. I love you and I'm GLAD that we are related.” Nia said, crying.
“5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Happy New Year!” Nia and Noah said in unison.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!