Wake Up To Reality...

War is the colour of the dark deep void shifting around at a leisurely pace.
The battlefield that war is sitting upon tastes of a horrible bloodlust that fills the empty field.
War has the smell of stomach wrenching deaths of the innocent bodies lying around on the floor.
The war that sits upon a beach is foggy with the blood of the soldiers spilling from their corpses, the holes from the bombs being filled ever so slowly. This battlefield is nothing but death.
It feels as if the soldiers are still there, trapped on the beach walking around mindlessly, the rats and maggots crawling around in the shadows, blood slowly drifts down the slopes under all the carnage.
War sounds of monstrous guns cracking in the foggy distance, the explosions of bombs falling from the sky and killing innocent soldiers who just want peace, the running noise of blood moving around and away from the bodies.
Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world. The longer you live, the more you realize that in this reality only pain, suffering and futility exist, wherever you look war will always exist, humanity wants peace and love but to gain those things war will be created in order to have those things, this is why we will always have those who sacrifice their peace and innocent minds for us.
So that we can have those things.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!