Nicole’s Quest

“Hi Nic!” Naomi said cheerfully. “Hi Naomi,” Nicole replied miserably. “Nic, cheer up we’ll find Ace and Shadow, they have to be out there somewhere right?” Naomi said trying to make herself believe that. “I guess,” Nicole mumbled back.
“I dreamt of them!” Nicole yelled suddenly in the middle of the night. Naomi jumped to her feet. “What! Where?” She nearly screamed before sitting down to listen to Nicole. “I don’t know I just know that they’re in a chamber. It looked a little like the catacombs under the school. You know, like in the big chamber right under my English classroom?” Nicole said describing her dream. Nicky and her friends all knew that when she had a dream, warning, picture or whatever, they knew that it was real and to trust her. “Let’s get the others and go then!” Naomi said happily rising to her feet. “No we need a plan first,” Nicole said, beckoning Naomi to sit down.
After an hour or two later Nicky and Naomi finally had a plan. They got their friends together and told them it before they set off to the school.
“And… Here,” Nicole said before pushing down a brick near the school gates. All the bricks adjusted back making a passage way downstairs to a hallway. Leading them down the tunnel Nicky stopped and pushed in another brick closing the passage way down. Natalie lit a torch with some flint and steel she always had with her and the friend continued down the hallway to a chamber with three doorways. Heading down the left one they came to a metal door. “This wasn’t here before,” Jacob said. And they all nodded. Nicole pushed open the door and it opened into a huge metal room with six figures inside. Two sitting down tied with ropes and four standing up. Naomi, Natalie, Jacob and Asher lined up. While Nicole kneeled down being careful to not be seen. “Well, well fancy seeing you here.” A boy sneered. Behind him two male figures. “Ace, Shadow!” Natalie yelled.
Naomi charged at one of the four men, Natalie, Jacob and Asher close behind. While the fighting was going on Nicole slid across the wall with her knife to Ace and Shadow, who were looking terrified, watching the fighting, helpless. Nicole got behind them and cut the ropes holding the two boys to the chairs. Nicole looked at the lead boy more closely, “Z-Zane,” she mumbled. “Go away wolf in sheep’s clothing!” Naomi yelled at the lead boy of the ‘gang’, “Where’s your ‘leader’ I’d like to speak with her!” The boy said to Naomi. Nicole reached the door. “Retreat!” She yelled just in time before Naomi reacted and got herself captured.
Sirens sounded around them. Police walked out of the catacombs with Zane and his ‘friends’ handcuffed. Zane looked back over his shoulder, “This isn’t over Nicole!” He spat her name as if trash was in his mouth. “You know him how?” Naomi asked Nicole. “He’s my e-ex.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!