The 20 Sisters Of The MADAME MYRRH

The midday sun woke Meredith up from the hard wooden deck of the ship, MADAME MYRRH. She had slept in and her eldest sister (of 20) Maria would spiflicate her. As she shook the sleep away, she realised today was docking day.
Meredith has 19 sisters, all of which are foundlings (found on their ship) and all were pirates on their old but well-maintained ship, the MADAME MYRRH. Each sister’s name strangely all started with M (Maria, Mia, Maggie, McKenzie, Matilda, Meika, Molly, Michelle, Marcy, Maddie, Meredith, May, Myla, Mary, Maxine, Melanie, Maya, Martha, Melissa and Marnie) and each of them wanted to be the hero who found their parents. Which was why docking day was so important, on that day they could search for their parents. But Meredith had always wanted to know more than any of her sisters.
Once the ship docked, Meredith sprang gracefully onto the lovely stationary land. She started to wander, not really knowing what to look for. Soon, a duo of identical jagged men caught her eye. The men's gaze drifted around suspiciously and stopped on Meredith’s pirate swag. The men smiled ruefully at her just before something bashed her on the head, HARD.
Meredith awoke in an old wooden shack where it was raining. Her head throbbed and she was tied to a chair. She saw three men, two of them were the identical men and the other was probably the one who hit her. “Are you from the MADAME MYRRH?” Questioned the basher with a look that showed he already knew the answer.
“Yes.”
“Well then you would certainly want to know about your PARENTS...”
“Go on...” Meredith said uncertainly.
“We shot them. They tried to nick OUR treasure.”
...Meredith shed a tear. Her beloved parents were gone and it was these wicked men’s fault.
“HOW COULD YOU!” Meredith screamed.
“Now we is gonna kills you!!” Said one of the identical men. The three men pulled a pistol from their holsters and aimed them at her. How could Meredith escape when a speeding bullet would pursue her. “Wait. She could tell us where her sisters are. We’ll get them all.” Said the basher. NO. They couldn’t. “You wouldn’t want to do that.” Meredith threatened calmly. The rain was now making the eroding wooden roof creak and move at concerning angles. Ready to wash any blood away.
CRRREEEAAK. SMASH!!!
The roof broke before Meredith and 19 girls jumped down and aimed many pistols at the three men. All 19 were there just to save Meredith. “Take the old men prisoner and we MIGHT spare their worthless lives, IF they tell us everything. Or we could just shoot them now,” said Mia, the second eldest. Meredith was swiftly untied by Martha, and the three men were taken away to be punished.
“Maybe I don’t need my parents,” Meredith mumbled to herself. “When I have 19 people who care for me more than any parent ever could.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!