Darkness

The lights began to flicker as the wind whispered silently. Then Bang! Thunder erupted and the storm had begun, rain poured down while lightning flashed across the sky rapidly. The two girls watched in horror thinking their night could not get any worse. They were wrong.

It was a late gloomy night so far, Cora and Evie had decided the day before to have a late night study session as both had an exam tomorrow. It being one of their final exams in Grade 12 made it even more crucial that they pass. They had just been going over some of the exercises when the storm had started making it harder to focus with all the ruckus going on outside their window. But as they gained their focus the power suddenly went out. As they began their climb downstairs towards the basement to check the breaker so they could get back to work. Sadly they were truly unaware of the horrifying danger that awaited them.

5 minutes later, flashlights in their hands. Cora checked to see what had happened to the breaker. Each flick of a switch did nothing then they froze in silence. As the air got colder and the darkness seemed to surround them just as they had decided to give up whispers had begun cries of horror and sounds you wish to never hear. Clutching their ears in pain as the voices got louder and louder till everything went silent and a hand reached out stuck in a trance Evie reached out to grab it. No matter the loud cries of horror from Cora as she pleaded her not to take the hand begging her friend to help her as the darkness seemed to swallow her body. She was gone. "Only one must live" the voices began as Evie nodded and finally grabbed onto the hand.

The hand then tightened it's grip it began to violently pull her into the darkness she had only just realized her mistake as the trance wore off but it was too late. It was 3 days later nobody knew what had happened to the girls as their disappearance was a mystery some say they were kidnapped and murdered others think differently. But they will never know the truth. As the darkness will never be explained and will overcome all of those who know or get close to knowing and others that get in it's way. Never trust the darkness or you too will be taken just as they were. Eventually the darkness will be victorious in it's path to destroying the human race. It is inevitable.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!