Callie

I kicked at my feet.
Watching: as the waves crash and leave dark stains against the stone barrier below me. Separating the tranquil and serene liquid and I apart. I pressed my fingers at my temples, closing my eyes which were etched with stress and self hatred, yet they were blank. Emotionless.
Lonely.
My lips curved downwards. I shook my head, I did not have time for such nonsense and pitiful regret.
'Callie..?' A voice called.
I turned, to see Trent watching me in confusion. I masked my lips with a smile, which more represented a scowl. I lifted my head. 'Yes?'
'You've been standing here for two hours, the last time I saw you today I was going to get groceries. You already know how long it takes me.' He nodded. 'And honestly, I think you need help.' He spat, intertwining his words with a careless shrug.
'Maybe,' I answered to Trent's sudden surprise. I smiled, walking closer to him and pressing my hands against his neck. His breathing tensed and accelerated, his cheeks spun into a bright crimson. Peppered with perspiration. 'What?' He stole a step backwards, but I only enhanced our proximity of intimacy. 'I might be crazy.' I smiled. 'But sometimes, being ordinary makes me feel...' I trailed off into my thoughts. 'Boring.' Trent chewed on his lips as if his nervousness was burning through his rosy cheeks. Maybe it was, but I didn't care. It didn't matter. Nothing did.
'Callie,' Trent placed his head closer to mine, reversing our positions. I gasped. I didn't know how it felt to be this close to someone I loved so dearly, although I teased some of my friends. This was new. I released my hands from his throat, then captured a step away from Trent. I stood above the very edge of the warm, hard stones. What lay below would certainly kill me if it came to such situations. I did not know how to swim.

'I care about you, Cal'.' Trent's patience was running out. 'I'm not trying to hurt you or anything like that. I just need a way to prove it to you.' He announced. My hand slapped against my mouth; Trent's eyes falling in line with mine.
'I love you,' I was so taken aback, and so I took another step away, realizing that nothing but crystal aqua was beneath me. My heart pounced out of my throat as I suddenly found myself huddled in Trent's warmth, his arms pressed against my back.
'You didn't have to do that,' I brushed him aside. 'I would be better off if you didn't save me.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wincing bluntly,
Blood blinding her eyes,
She ran faster, rapidly,
Denying her will to die.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!