I Took The Sun

I took the sun, and I am proud of it!
My name is Felix, I live in a desert town in the middle of nowhere. I was born with nothing, given nothing, told I was nothing. Now I have something. I have the sun.
How did I get it you ask? YOU don’t get to know, it’s my power and that’s that! My Mum and brother are rich pigs when it comes to power. My Mum hates me, so I sleep on the street. But when she and my brother found out about my power, they started hunting me.
Present Day
Is that him or her? Oh. She got me and my sun!
“MUM!” I yell through the bag “STOP!” I am in this new weird place. Mum’s house, the place I was never allowed.
“I have your sun now!”, Mum sneers at me, “give me your power and you get the sun back.” I look at her disgusted. Then I realise something, if I give her my power, she can also take my sun. She was lying! Suddenly, a man jumps through the roof and grabs me. Mum screams at him, “He is my son too, give him BACK!” ‘What did she just say, ‘TOO’?’ Now I know who this man is, he is my Dad!
“No, I don’t like you, you left me on the street when Mum kicked me out!” I hate him, he left me! Dad looks at me sadly and says with grief “I am so sorry son, your mother…” “MOTHER WHAT!” I yell at him. He continues “Your mother tortured me, held me in a cell for 8 years. I at least got her to give you my food. I am so sorry.” I looked at him: he looks skinny and run-down, I look at him guiltily. I say with shame “I am so sorry, I love you Dad. Thanks for the food.”
Now he is looking serious. He says the worst thing I could hear “We need to put the sun back.” In tears I scream out “No,No,No!” But I know that I have to bring back the light but I don’t want to. It’s too hard. My dad looks at me, “What is your power?” he says confused. I look at him surprised, then I say, “I can take planets”. He looks astonished and says “Wow!”. Then he starts to run and I know why, my brother is behind me!
“Now son we need to do it. You need to put the sun back. I look behind me, my brother, his gang and mum are following. I nod to Dad “OK” I say. He looks at me sadly and says with kindness “At least you have me now.” At that I lift my arms up and lose my sun and power. “Goodbye” I say and hug Dad. Mum yells at me but I don’t care, I just hug Dad. Then Dad and I start a new life. Together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!