Bag Swap

This story is about a very smart young lady and tomorrow her life is going to change, little did she know.
BEEP Smack, Maya smacked her alarm clock with a sigh, Maya got out of bed sleepily and got ready for the flight, today Maya was flying to Hawaii for her cousin's wedding. All passengers for flight 7231 to Hawaii, Maya tagged her work briefcase and sent it down the chute, Maya gleefully climbed the steps to the Qantas plane, then plugged her earphones in and shuffled her fav playlist, before she knew it she was fast asleep.

Then the uncomfortable feeling of her ears popping awoke her to see a wonderful view of the ocean. Maya stepped off the plane and went to collect her bag.
“TAXI” yelled Maya and a white car with the taxi bar pulled up and the window was down
“Where to?” asked the taxi man
“waterside hotel please” replied Maya.
Maya watched out the window and saw a beautiful view of the Rocky Mountains and the dark blue ocean.
“that will be $14.50 please,” said the taxi man
Maya handed the man a twenty-dollar note.
“keep the change,” Maya said with a smile
“thank you so much” replied the man, Maya stepped inside the hotel and saw a beautiful water fountain and a lovely lady at the reception.

Maya opened her briefcase to notice…
It wasn’t hers!!!
inside there was a pair of binoculars, a tracking device, and a fog maker, underneath was a letter that read,
Dear spy,
Here is a special kit to help you along your quest and some cash to buy a disguise.
From
Joseph Malina
Ps: I would like you to return the stolen crown jewels to the queen.

Maya whipped out her phone and dialed Lola’s number,
“Beep please leave a message after the tone”
“hi, Lola, I won’t be able to make it to your wedding”
Maya bundled up her stuff and dashed out the door,
“hi can I please get a ride to the airport?” asked Maya
“of course” replied the taxi man.

Maya dashed into the airport,
“Hi can I please get a flight to London?” asked Maya
“there's a flight in 5 minutes, if you run you might make it”
“thank you so much” Maya yelled as she darted for the plane, this time she kept her bag with her.

Maya hopped into a hire car and followed the tracker, Maya turned down an alley, at the end she found an RV, Maya jumped out of her car and the RV was empty, the door was unlocked and Maya picked up the crown jewels and ran to her car drove off,
“Hey Siri, get directions to Buckingham palace”
“in 500 meters turn right, then take a left, you have arrived at your destination.
“here,” said Maya giving the jewels to the guard and then drove off, she preferred being the anonymous detective.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!