Ebony And Ivory

She lifted the lid. The dark, smooth wood, polished and shiny was calling her. Pausing to inhale the beauty of the moment, she sat down and traced her fingers gently across the keys. Instantly, she relaxed. Instantly, she was home. She felt her shoulders melt and her hands fall into position. A smile was creeping over her face, overtaking her feelings. She did not even have to think about what she was doing. It was natural.
Moving her hands up higher, she tinkled out a tune. Notes like dewdrops fell from the sky and landed on ears with a beautiful sound. She felt her other hand join in, revealing the soul of the melody. Soon, her fingers were dancing across the keys, giving the instrument its beautiful voice. Then the music carried her fingers to the outer reaches, creating the perfect harmony.
This was more than a song. This was her, explaining her love for the instrument, how her feelings could only grow, not shrink. This was her, telling a story from her soul. From her heart. This was what she was made for. Her purpose. To play and create the most soulful, sweet songs, to celebrate when people are brought together, and console when they are torn apart. She would show the true inner beauty of music, not through words, but through melody.
The song finished as it started. A light, tinkling tune that would soon die into nothingness. Like stars. Silver stars sweeping the night sky that would, like her and her music, finally die away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!