Team Work

In the small lands of Hamilton town a quiet moment stood. Hamilton town was a quiet and small town in the middle of Victoria. The sun was setting and Hamilton town became silent. One boy named Braxton who stayed outside his backyard, his ginger brown hair was swaying in the wind side to side. “Braxton!” Squealed Lily then he heard another voice. “Hi” it sounded like the new girl in the school he had met earlier in the afternoon at after school pick up, he turned around. He was stunned it was her, she had hair black as coal which was tied up into a ponytail.
“Hello, Ebony wha, wha, what are y, y, you doing here?” “Oh me, your sister brought me here. She saw us talking about the school project and you did not have a partner to do it with, so I wanted to do it with you so I rang Lily.” “How exactly do you know Lily?” “My sis is Lily’s bff you don’t know because Lily only comes to our house for playdates and we don't come to yours.” “Why don’t we get over with this and move onto the project?” “Yeah sure. So what have you got so far?” “Really not much but I have designed the poster.” “Ok can you show me!” “Sure.” (One minute later.)
So the volcano eruption! Yeah. Ok you start working on the building volcano and I will list the ingredients which I already know. Have you done this in your old school ebony? Yes it was very easy ok. One tbsp. of baking soda, 1 tbsp. washing liquid, 2 tbsp. water, ½ cup vinegar, 1 tbsp red food colouring and things are set.
(2 hours later.) I just completed building my volcano . “I have to go Braxton.
My mum is calling me.” “Bye Ebony see you next week Monday. I really can’t wait to perform.” (One week later.)
“Welcome class, how are you in your science? Good, ok then let’s start presenting, first let's get organised and partnered up and our first group is Wendy and Mille, next Anna and Helen, then Chloe and Harley good next Jamie and Tiana, almost done Jack and Mika. Last Braxton and Ebony.”
“So we have made a volcano and we are going to make it erupt. First we will combine the vinegar, water, dish soap and 2 drops of food colouring into the empty volcano. Use a spoon to mix the baking soda, slurry until it is all a liquid. Eruption time! Pour the baking soda slurry into the volcano quickly and step back! Done.” “Ebony and Braxton good work, see you tomorrow to see who is first place.”
“Hello kids,” Braxton looked around and everyone was excited he saw Ebony and waved. “Quiet class, now it is time to announce the winner of the project. Drumroll please, and it is Braxton and Ebony.” “Yay! We did it. We used good teamwork didn’t we?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!