Oliver And The Mirror

Once upon a time in a little country town there was a caravan on the side of the road. In the caravan was a boy called Oliver that lived with his father. Oliver never liked his dad because he never let him play with all the other boys. So he normally just went out in the scrub and bushes next to the caravan. One day Oliver was in the pond next to an old gum tree. Oliver really liked the pond. Sometimes in the afternoons Oliver climbed up on the old dangly gum tree and watched the water glisten in the sunset. On this day he was splashing around like a pig in mud. But as he was doing this Oliver stepped on a strange hard object on the bottom of the water. So he lifted it up and found that it was a little, old mirror with sparkling gold on the rim of the glass. Oliver was in amazement. When Oliver finished gazing at the mirror like a dog inspecting a tree the mirror started to sparkle. Suddenly the mirror pulled Oliver into the glass. “HELP!” cried Oliver, but he was too far away.
> Oliver was so scared. “Where am I?” he thought. But as he was confusing himself a strange voice called out, “Hey over here!”, Oliver followed the goblin into a big cave. “Wow” whispered Oliver because all the walls where covered in diamonds! Oliver went up to the wall and put a load in his pocket. “All these could make me rich!” Oliver was so happy that he nearly fainted. “What are you looking at?” whispered the goblin. “Oh sorry, I’m Polo, nice to meet you.” “Umm nice to meet you too” spluttered Oliver, “How do I get out of here?” “Just take the rift.” “Ok”. So Oliver went off through the dimension looking for this rift thing. Oliver kept looking until he found a sign that said rift and an arrow pointing to a huge building. So Oliver went to the building and saw a heap of guards blocking a big portal. “Stop right there!” barked the guards. “Five dollars to pass!” “NOOOOO!” screamed Oliver “I have to come up with a plan I have to trick them!” So Oliver grabbed some blue rocks from the garden of the building, then he painted them with shiny gold paste from the ground. Then he let them dry and softly put them in his hand. Oliver set off to the vast building and entered the room with the portal inside. Oliver clutched his hands tight. “I’m back” yelled Oliver in fury, “I’ve got the gold now can I leave?” “You may”. So Oliver rushed to the portal. He was off in a flash. Oliver returned home safe and sound. He was standing as still as a statue with the mirror in his hands “I’m going to forget all of that happened”. “Wait, THE DIAMONDS!” So after that Oliver handed the diamonds over and he was never worried again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!