Fear

Numb fear. This was all I felt , as I lay on the cold heartless table. No teachers ln the room l was worried out of my brains what if there was a murderer in the school tip toe tip toe oh oh this really is a bad day what if l don't make it to the end of the day like covid has done any good for anyone l just want to get my shiny bright yellow writing book!!!

The second l stepped into the car , l sensed something was wrong ! A smoky burnt smell was coming from the AC “TURN OFF THE CAR!!! “ l yelled to mum . Now there were flames and smoke in the car “ GET OUT GET OUT !!!! “ l screamed off the top of my lungs ………….

The firemen were on their way. I had burns and ash all over me this was not good .
HELP ! My mum is choking. I bellowed . The bystanders found someone to help her; they used the heinrich manouevre . She choked on a piece of chewy. The firemen have finally put the blaze out . My mum and I were taken to the hospital to be checked out. I apparently inhaled too much smoke and I had a few minor burns on my cheeks so I'd have to be kept overnight . Mum would be there for a little bit longer because of her burns and also had inhaled loads of smoke . The Dr said that my dad was on the way and will be here in the morning to pick me up but in the meantime to waste time because they needed me awake I was aloud with my mum and they said they would give me some activities for us to do like gem paintings , pixel art and a nintendo switch to borrow from the gaming lounge. Ugh the food here reeks, it's like with the eggs they have pre-cooked them and reheated them yuck , they make chicken carbonara for us for dinner and they make it with shredded chicken , cold cream and two minute noodles ! I apparently have to stay longer now because I have internal damage from the smoke . I don't feel any pain but my dad is still coming and will stay with us in the hospital and we will all be put into one room now . Mum is becoming quieter and quieter every day. Dad said that she is very very tired and I shouldn't worry about it that much . Grandma found out about us which I didn't think would happen since she is living off the grid apparently my aunty visited and told her about me and mum she is going to bring bring us loads of presents and said that she will get me a nintendo switch so I don't have to borrow one from the hospital. She also said once she gets here she will buy my favourite chocolate Lindt yummy in my tummy . Well the big question is how does she get here ???

Lottie

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!