Vortex Of Flames

The orbit of amber flames flew higher than ever. Lung-ruining grey smoke reached all the way to the rocky moon where a clump of dark burnt grass slept on the damp, brown dirt. Small groups of tiny fire sparks turned into bits of fragile, grey ash. It was an in-ground vortex of flames.
A shy, kind 10-year-old boy named Spirit was watching the horrifying yet breath-taking phenomena, unnoticed from back of the throng of people. He was terrified by the heat and how its aggressively sucked stuff, like trees and cars. PUSH! Pushed by the formidable bully named Felix. Spirit got shoved into the enormous crowd of people. Barge! Barge! Barged the massive group of people. The mass did not realise that Spirit was getting barged to the front. Few seconds later, Spirit was at the front of the terrified cluster of petrified people. Spirit was horrified, his only thought was to scream, until Felix said, “Bye bye cry baby” and Felix pushed Spirit into the vortex.
Whoosh! As Spirit swirled around the unidentified, vortex of flames, he tried to scream but he just woofed loudly. The flames faded away and Spirit was in a beautiful world of purple wavy, long grass and blue, blooming flowers. White, silky leaves stood on a long peaceful tree next to a lovely rainbow pond and a plain rainbow sky surrounded the island. He was amazed by the mystical world he is in, but suddenly he realised he was smaller. He looked at his hand and realised that he had paws! Spirit knew straight away he is a wolf! He was excited because he loved wolves but worried at the same time because he did not know how to get out! He started running and exploring the beauty around him. Suddenly Spirit stopped as a giant fire portal emerged, and a horrifying grizzly bear came out of it! Spirit took a step back and gave a loud howl.
“Remember me Spirit?” said the grizzly bear giving a brutal punch to Spirit. Yes! Spirit remembered him well. It was Felix! Spirit raged and for the first time. Spirit forcefully hit Felix. He pounced him. It was Spirit who now had control of the situation. Then the fire portal appeared. Without thinking, Spirit rapidly jumped in the portal and he went back to his lovely home planet, Earth. Once and forever safe from the awful bully, Felix.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!