Man With A Gun

“Lavender,” my mum cried, prancing towards me, “guess what is happening today!”
My worst nightmare had come true. I had to walk to the dentist myself. My mum was going to work on the day that I had to visit the dentist.
I slammed my fist on the table in frustration, took my bag filled with books that I can read while waiting for my appointment, and headed outside.
“Be careful!” Mum shouted at the tops of her lungs, as I crossed the road. BUT WAS MY JOURNEY TO THE DENTIST GOING TO BE DANGEROUS? I wanted this over and done with.
I skipped along the path to Cherryvale building (that was where the dentist was) and suddenly saw a man walking with a gun!
The man was skinny and he was holding a handgun. My mouth was dry, and I felt like a million pin pricks poking me as he approached the jewellery store. I panicked and was about to take my phone out and dial triple zero, but then I remembered that I did not have a phone. I was scared and worried at the same time, so I started to bite my fingernails. It smelt like danger was nearby!
Then, he pointed the gun at the jewellery staff, and the jewellery staff were flabbergasted. He immediately put his hands up because he did not know what to do. I was about to scream.
Unexpectedly, the person who was holding the gun then shouted “SURPRISE” and other people came out of their hiding spot and sang a birthday song. I was shocked and relieved at the same time, then I suddenly remembered that my dentist appointment was due in one minute. I ran as fast as a cheetah and made it just in time for my appointment.
After my dentist appointment (which was not as scary as I imagined), I found out that it was the jewellery staff member’s birthday and one of his relatives hired some people to give him a surprise.
I told my mum about everything that happened when I arrived home!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!