Oh Deer!

There once were two boys named James and John. James was 16 years old, and John was 12 years old. The two boys and their parents lived in New York. The boys were fine with where they were living but their parents were not happy where they lived. So, one cold evening their parents announced that they were moving to Australia.
When they boy’s parents announced they were moving the boys’ smiles were now down like a not so happy clown. They didn't want to move because they had to leave all their friends and family behind. When they arrived at the airport, they did everything they could do to make their parents change their minds, but their parents would not listen to them. When the family got on the plane they wanted to try and get off the plane so when their parents' heads were turned James and John jumped out the aeroplane window onto the left wing of the plane. When the captain started the plane up the boys had crawled halfway across the aeroplanes left wing. As the plane started to pick up the pace it was getting harder for the boys to hold on. The boys had managed to hold on for a while until both of them couldn't hold on anymore and fell off the wing of the plane! They were very lucky because they had landed in a little crystal clear river. After a while the boys floated off steam next to an old, abandoned cabin situated next to the river.
Later when the boys woke up they tried to signal for help but the boys couldn't catch the attention of any planes or helicopters passing over them because they were too little to be seen from a plane or helicopter. The boys started to get tired so if they wanted somewhere to sleep, they should start cleaning out the old cabin. A couple of hours later the boys had finished cleaning out the cabin that looked like it had just come out of a book. The boys also found a lot of old goods from old rings to other things you would only see in a museum but the one thing they found that was a big shock to them was gold! And not just a tiny bit a lot of gold too and they also found an old gold pan miners used to get gold out of rivers so that could only mean one thing. This cabin belonged to a gold miner!
When James saw all that gold, he thought to himself “I'm going to spread this all over the world!” While John was rather selfish, and he pondered to himself “I'm going to share this with nobody and keep it all for myself” but James and John didn't have time to fight over who keeps it because they had to start finding food. So, then James grabbed an old bow and a couple of arrows and they headed out into the woods. When the young boys were walking John came across some berries, but James said they were poison, so they kept on looking until the boys came across a deer.
James whispered to John “be very quiet or you will scare the deer away.”
John replied, “ok James.”
James aimed his bow at the dear and shot his arrow and it hit the deer! That very same night they had the biggest feast of their lives. Eventually they got into a pattern of going out and killing deer’s and eating them until one night something else had taken the deer. Oh Deer!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!