Daniel's Fire

It was a hot dusty day in Kathrine NT. Daniel was bored and his favourite thing to do was to light fires. Daniel found himself wonder in bushland there was no one around so he lights up some ferns.
FOOF!! The flames were licking the up the side of the trees. Koalas and kangaroos fled but some did not make it. They were dead…. Daniel ran away. The fire brigade saw it and headed that way, the police were chasing Daniel. Bullets whizzed around him. Then he found the local Land Cruiser dealer. He stole a ute and drove away sending dust into the police officer’s eyes. He stole a gun and drove off then shot ten police officers.
Daniel wasn’t watching the road and hit a kangaroo! Now he had a big dint in his new Land Cruiser. The police were dropping bombs. That exploded near Daniel’s head. They finally caught Daniel. They figured out that Daniel was innocent. Daniel said that Russell lit the fire and blamed it on Daniel. Daniel said that Russel travelled to Papua New Guinea, so he won’t get in jail.
In that moment, the police hopped in speed boats and went to Papua New Guinea. The police found Russel and put him in a jail boat and travelled back to Australia. Then Russel said that he was innocent too and said that he was a random guy from Papua New Guinea. He said that Daniel blamed it on him, so he had time to get away. The police were unsure who had done it.
The police asked a few more questions and found out that Daniel and Russell used to be best friends. Until one day Daniel hit Russell with a big stick then Russel chased Daniel around with a frypan, Russel explained. So, he probably went to India that was his favourite place to visit and it is far away.
Now the police were very confused, so they decided to call the Indian police, the Indian police managed to find Daniel after four long days of searching. They chucked Daniel in the back of the police car, he was overweight, so the back of the police car was nearly touching the ground!
They brought him back to Australia on a big criminal ship. He was in jail for five years and was let out six months ago.
Nowadays you will see Daniel walking the streets saying ‘’good day’’ to people and being nice. Daniel has learnt his lesson and even volunteers in animal shelters.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!